Create, Implement and Direct Promotional Concepts for each station that reflects the unique programming of each station.
Work outside the station with entities such as civic, government, and business organizations in the community to form relationships that will foster promotional opportunities for the stations.
Work with Sales, Programming, Web Director, and upper management in a harmonious manner to implement all promotions and on air contesting.
Supervise others to facilitate remote broadcasts including readiness, and maintenance of station vehicles, and associated equipment used for on site remote promotions
Check List of all materials needed for remotes or appearances, and to make sure all materials are “loaded” in the vans and ready for the broadcast.
The Promotions Manager will work with other department heads to make sure all needed personnel for outside events is scheduled and that all scheduled for work understand their role during the event. There may be times where the Promotions Manager will be the sole representative at the event. This position will require occasional night and weekend work.
The Promotions Manager is responsible for making sure that pictures from station events are made available the next business day or no less than 24 hours after an event for web and sales publication pieces.
The Promotions Manager will devise and maintain a calendar of events that pertains to all stations and remind the entire staff weekly via email that the calendar is updated and available through our internal network. This calendar should reflect the events where our stations have direct participation, and a list of other community events or promotions that might be of interest/have an effect on a particular station. This includes events in communities within our coverage areas, and major cities of Atlanta, Birmingham, and Chattanooga.
The Promotions Manager should be knowledgeable of concerts and events coming to other cities and assist in getting tickets to these events for on air giveaway. The Promotions Manager will work with the sales department in obtaining on air cash schedules, and concert tickets on a promotional or “barter” basis.
The Promotions Manager will work with sales staff and management to coordinate “on air” promotions with programming. All promotional requests for on air sales promotions are handled through the Promotions Manager. This requires that tickets, merchandise, etc be in house before the on air promotion begins. The Promotions Manager will coordinate with programming to make sure that the promotion is “worthy” of promotional airtime and will schedule the events to start and end on the proper dates. Any “on air” orders using commercial inventory will need to be approved by the Managing Partner of RRP,LLC, prior to the event.
The Promotions Manager will coordinate and provide materials for station events, and contests to the Web Director, of the stations.
The Promotions Manager will coordinate with programming and production for the selection of contest winners and insure all prizes have been awarded on the dates specified in the contest.
The Promotions Manager will make sure all rules for the contest are posted on the web, and are available at the front desk.
The Promotions Manager will make sure all rules comply with FCC, and Federal, State and Local laws. The Promotions Manager will keep an inventory of prizes claimed and unclaimed. In the event that prizes are unclaimed within the time specified, it is the responsibility of the Promotions Manager to coordinate with management on dispersal or use of unclaimed awards. It is the responsibility of the Promotions Manager to make sure prize winners are “eligible” for the prize.
The Promotions Manager will maintain or coordinate through others at the station, a data base of all contest winners.
Rome Radio Partners, LLC is looking to add to our Sales Team in an outside Sales Position. Previous Radio Sales experience is required. The best candidates for these openings are assertive, and confident individuals with medium/major market sales background. The ability to sell “direct” is a must. Knowledge of North Metro Atlanta counties would be helpful. A willingness to listen to clients and discover their business needs is an absolute must. ROI selling, and the ability to develop conceptual ideas is an integral part of this job. Knowledge of Digital Platform selling is helpful in this position. Candidates must be proficient in PowerPoint, and Excel.
Opening for an administrative position that requires strong analytical skills and the ability to collaborate with Sales, Programming, and Business management teams.
Duties and responsibilities include importing, scheduling commercials, finalizing and generating commercial programming logs.
Verification of completed and aired program logs. Input payments into computer on daily basis and send out invoices on weekly basis. Must be able to perform duties in a receptionist environment which includes interaction with customers and listener prize winners.
Excellent organizational skills, self directed and capable of working effectively in a fast paced environment are required.
Ability to deal effectively with tight deadlines and diverse needs of management, clients and accounts executives with the ability to multi-task is a must.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and ownership of projects. Knowledge of Marketron, VT, or Deltaflex systems helpful.
Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Must be detail oriented, dependable, and responsible when completing daily tasks.
Rome Radio Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place.
Hours of this job are Monday through Friday 8:30 am til 5:30 pm and occasional weekends
as needed. This is an exempt job and pay would depend on experience.
WEBSITE CONTENT EDITOR
Scheduled hours 8:30 am til 5:30 pm Monday through Friday and or weekends as needed
· Manage, update, and maintain websites according to our branding guidelines.
· Produce fresh, exciting content tailored to each target demographic.
· Design and resize promotional material and advertisement for web.
· Manage and update social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
· Assist with on-air contesting, on-site client promotions, station events and website promotion
· Represent stations at community events
· Create and develop promotional campaigns to generate revenue and ratings opportunities for station
· Create client proposals and promotional concepts congruent with station image and strategies
· All other work as assigned by supervisor
· Excellent computer and graphic software skills with strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 5 (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator), and Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
· Professional experience with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
· Web design and graphics a plus.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines.
· Able to maintain confidentiality.
· Problem solving and self initiative skills a must.
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
· Must be able to work occasional nights/weekends.
· Promotions, marketing, radio or related industry a plus
ON-AIR NEWS TALENT
Rome Radio Partners is looking to hire Experienced on-air news talent. Must be available to work weekends and possess basic computer skills. Experience with Maestro and Adobe Audition is a plus but will train.
The News Reporter works under the supervision of the News Director. The Reporter specializes in covering a news
beat, produces daily news for radio newscasts, produces in-depth radio features, and produces special reports as
assigned. The Reporter may be asked to anchor radio newscasts, appear as a guest on programs, or host programs.
Increasing Web involvement is expected. Selects and researches topics; contacts and interviews sources; maintains
notes and audio recordings; writes and edits reports; produces and voices reports for air. Produces news as assigned
by News Director. Reports stories in appropriate forms for broadcast (live on-air, copy, actuality, cut & copy, voicer,
wrap, feature, series, documentary, studio two-way, etc. Occasionally serves regional and national networks All other
work as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures involved with radio announcing and the production of prerecorded radio programs.
- Knowledge of the proper techniques of live radio announcing.
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used in radio broadcasting.
- Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations regarding commercial radio broadcasts.
- Ability to operate the necessary equipment involved in program production and radio announcing.
- Ability to express thoughts, comments and information clearly, concisely and articulately orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the public and other employees.
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. .News often breaks quickly so reporters must be able to meet the physical demands of long hours and irregular schedules.
Rome Radio Partners is an equal opportunity employer drug free workplace