Did you know that the position in which you sleep at night -- whether it's all curled up in a fetal position or sprawled out across the bed -- reveals your personality? That's the word from Chris Idzikowski, director of the Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service.
- The Fetal (41 percent): People who sleep this way, which is the most common way to sleep, are described as tough on the outside, but sensitive on the inside.
- The Log (15 percent): People who sleep this way lie on their side with both arms down, close to their side. They tend to be social and easy-going people who enjoy being part of the in-crowd.
- The Yearner (13 percent): Sleeping on your side with both arms stretched out in front of you describes the yearner's sleep position. While they have an open nature, they can be suspicious andeven cynical. Such people are slow to make up their mind, but once a decision has been made, they are unlikely to ever change it.
- The Soldier (8 percent): Lying flat on the back with both arms pinned at the side is the sleep position of the soldier. People who sleep this way are quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss and set themselves and others to high standards.
- The Freefall (7 percent): People who sleep this way lie on their tummy with their hands at the sides of their head. While they tend to be brash and gregarious on the surface, they are nervy and thin-skinned underneath.
- The Starfish (5 percent): People in the starfish position sleep on their back with both arms up around the pillow. Because they are always ready to listen to others and offer help when needed, they make the best of friends; however, they generally don't like to be the center of attention.
- The Rest of Us. The remaining 11 percent in this study either said they slept in a variety of positions or just didn't know how they slept. Once you have a preferred position, you're unlikely to change it from night-to-night.